Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Taking the plunge...



Well, I'm going to do it! I've been putting it off for a while... I'm getting BAPTIZED!

I haven't been putting it off b/c I don't want to do it. On the contrary!!! There are actually two reasons:

  1. I've been putting it off b/c I wanted to be baptized in "living water."
    Usually, in the summer,
    BAF has beach baptisms. This year they didn't. Moving into the new building & all that's involved with that has been a very busy time for the pastors.
                                                          
  2. More importantly, though, I've been putting it off b/c I wanted to have family present. And this month I do!
    My parents are here for the holidays. Regrettably, my brother doesn't fly in for a
    1st Wednesday, so he will miss it, but I'm taking my opportunity & running with it! Carpe Diem! :)

I want all my church family to join me to support me in this "plunge!"
So,
JANES sisters-who-are-reading-my-blog, spread the word & come on out for 1st Wednesday this week.
Come & meet my folks; come & represent my family (as you all are) at my big day! Teehee
This will be my first baptism since I was a wee baby in the Catholic Church.

I hope to see you all there!!!

Blessings...






In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit."


John 3: 3-5 (NIV)

my email

6 comments:

Christina Ketchum said...

That is TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I wish I was going to be there!!! My prayers will be with you that evening! I am reading the Book Club book (very good) and the twins et al will hopefully be present at your next meeting! I can hear about your great plunge then!

DeeDee said...

Can't wait to meet your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so excited for you. Colin and I took the plunge a few months ago (we had baby baptisms as well). Congrats and I look forward to seeing your post-baptism blog!

shay said...

Congratulations Robin!
How exciting. I'm so glad you mom and dad can be there too!

This is a little trivia but your sister and I were baptized together many many moons ago. Wish I could be at yours!

DA Wagners said...

It was so awesome watching you take the plundge!!! I had so much fun! It was like watching a graduation or something! I'm so excited for you!

shay said...

Congratulations Robin. I'm sure it's taken place by now but the first time I tried to leave a comment I couldn't:)

(As an aside, did you know that Jill and I got baptized together (well on the same day) at family camp? I think we were about 17.)