Sunday, July 02, 2006

Can we rewind?!

Today was crazy!
First of all, I woke up at 11:30 am, which I haven't done in a LONG time. I quickly got ready for church, where I serve in the greeting ministry. I love my church (although I really didn't get to pay attention today...)!
When I got there, I was told that my friend's son had been in a wreck (they hydroplaned, hit a tree, & rolled), while she was out of town visiting relatives. Trying desperately to get ahold of her (she wasn't answering her cell), I called her daughter's cell. Finally! I made another friend (with me) break the news...we hated to be the ones to break it to her, but it was obvious she had no idea when I started talking to her. Later, she told me she was so glad we had told her because she had a bunch of voicemails asking if her son was okay, & she would have had NO idea. Turns out, he was okay...but a friend of his might not be. I have no details now. We'll just have to pray that he's okay too...the other 3 boys (including my friend's son) that were in the vehicle are all fine.
After all the drama, I got the errands run that I'd put off from the day before. At my final errand, I went to get into my car & the darn alarm wouldn't disarm! I kept pressing the button on my key fob, to no avail. I called a friend for advice on what to do, & I only got her voicemail. I was stuck outside the pet store (dog food). I tried calling the dealership to see if they could replace my alarm remote (key fob)...but there was no answer. Are car dealerships always closed on Sundays? Seems to me that might be a good selling day...
Eventually, after waiting several minutes, I tried the button again. It worked! I immediately disarmed my car alarm so I wouldn't have that problem the remainder of the day. If I'd manually tried to get in (by using the key) it would have set off my alarm & the engine would have been disabled anyhow. I'll have to check out if maybe it's only the battery...I hope so.
In the end, I spent way too much money (darn eBay this week!), but got all my errands done...had lunch with friends (that was nice)...finally spoke with my best friend who moved to Reno last Christmas (we've been missing each other lately).
Actually, I was speaking with her while I was buying a wedding gift for the couple whose wedding I'd been to the night before. Turns out I had no idea what to buy them because my invitation didn't have the note about where they were registered. So, I got that cleared up today, all the while speaking to my best friend throughout the store. I'm sure some people were adequately annoyed or entertained, but it had been so long since we'd both been able to talk, so too bad!
Now I'm home, with my puppies, relaxing. Okay, so maybe it wasn't the most crazy day by some peoples' standards, but it seemed crazy while it was all happening. I'm going now, to veg...

my email

No comments: